We are very proud of the caring and nurturing environment at Noremarsh where kindness runs like a golden thread through all we do. At Noremarsh we aim to prepare our children for a future of success and wellbeing, whatever they choose to do in their lives. Our children talk about the value of being kind. We see this on a daily basis in and outside of the classrooms.
Our community cares about each other and we show it. We know there will be times when children forget or struggle and we will support all children so that they will learn and grow in kindness.
Good behaviour and kindness – one of our school values – is the key to this success. We believe that high standards of behaviour from our children promotes a safe, healthy and happy environment for all children that is in line with our vision to be:
A community where everyone belongs, where our children feel safe to be confident and ambitious, and where we work together with kindness and respect.
Our school aims to develop and foster the following attitudes in our children:
- respect for oneself and for all others
- high self-esteem and self confidence
- high expectations and a desire to achieve
All members of the school community will promote kindness and high standards of behaviour.
Our behaviour policy is underpinned by the following principles:
- All members of the school community will be treated with respect.
- Everyone will consider the needs and well-being of others.
- Behaviour will be dealt with consistently and fairly, using a positive approach.
- Everyone will be valued as individuals and given equal opportunities.
- Good behaviour will be recognised, rewarded and celebrated.
- Everyone will be expected to follow the school rules.
From time to time, you may wish to discuss your child’s progress. Throughout the year you will have the opportunity to attend parent’s evenings and ‘meet the teacher’ events to discuss your child and celebrate their successes. Your child’s teacher will usually be available for an informal chat at the end of the school day. If you need a longer discussion, please contact the office team through email@example.com to organise an appointment.